Jeffrey M. Olson is a metal artist who uses a forge, anvil and traditional blacksmithing tools to create ornamental sculpture and jewelry. Jeff has been creating contemporary works of art since he returned home in 2009 from working as a civilian contractor in Iraq.
* Jeff has created custom jewelry for New York fashion designer Mathew Sabatino owner of Barnaby Black American Wilderness Products.
* Forged medieval costume pieces for the video game giant Blizzard Entertainment.
* Has been a primitive technology consultant for 2 seasons of the Discovery Channels survival show “Dude You’re Screwed.”
* Jeff is the co-founder of two organizations in his home town of Fosston, MN.
#1 – Fosston Area Metal Arts, a nonprofit organization that holds blacksmithing and knife making demonstrations as well as classes throughout the state. One of the main focuses of FAMA is to reach out to addicts and those suffering from PTSD to introduce them to the therapeutic art of blacksmithing.
#2 – The Pine to Prairie Folk School. A school that strives to preserve heritage trades and foster community through experiential learning and the teaching of traditional crafts.
* Former president of the Northern Minnesota Metalsmith’s organization. Currently holds the position of secretary for the NMM.
* Jeff sits on the Fosston, MN Arts and Culture Commission that make recommendations to the city council on the development of the communities art and cultural activities.
* Author of the book “The SHTF Art Of War”. A strategic guide for a long-term-grid-down environment and inside look into the mind of an apocalyptic criminal warlord.
Jeff is currently working on an 8 foot tall, interactive sculpture of a Viking Ship for Fosston’s sculpture garden along the cities “Fit Trail.”.
(Slated for completion in June of 2019)